Wednesday, May 12, 2010

BLOG T3 75

My Philanthropic Project

Today will be one and only well written, a departure form my usual self. More than a few weeks ago, I decided to complete this long-awaited project when me and my brother decided to go on a shopping excursion to the urban. I dragged my seven tuques, filled with a mini toothbrush, toothpaste, some sour keys, and a granola bar, to downtown Van. This is partially because i don't have any guts for the ever so rough east side. You hear all over the news that homeless people are all over the place, but it most definitely is a hard task to find over 10 on Robson. But even that is one too many. We decided to being each one of the seven i found a little slice of sunshine. Being the coward that i am, i could not get up the nerves to make a decent conversation, let alone a picture. And being with a scrawny 24 year old that offered no protection whatsoever, i made a mental note to steer clear of the HIV positives and the cocaine addicts (the ones in Vancouver aren't as aesthetically pleasing as the ones you see in Burberry as). Anywho, i felt pretty bad after i seeing the homeless with a bare blankets while sleeping on newspapers. And i was there to find maybe another dress or blazer that i just needed to stuff in my closet that is at least contained under a solid roof.

No comments: